Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer Projects

It's been almost a month since I last posted, and in that time, summer has come. I'm waist-deep in exciting projects, which means less time to post here at the moment, but I wanted to point you towards on particularly Edmonton-related project that I'm working on. I got a research grant from the UofA to do some work on desire lines this summer.Desire lines are unsanctioned paths worn only by frequent footsteps. They can be seen cutting across grassy fields on a diagonal, wandering down steep slopes in the river valley, or lining the side of the street where there’s no sidewalk. I'll be blogging regularly about my research as the summer goes on, so please feel free to check in and see what's new! The project website is desirelines.edmontonpipelines.org, and you can find the blog under the heading "field notes."

I'll leave you with this unrelated but cool mural that I saw downtown while walking to my study site - enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment